When you grow up, it is natural to see developing wrinkles on your skin. These things are inevitable as you slowly age. When a person grows older and older, his skin produces only a small amount of collagen and elastin. It is why the skin gets thinner and more prone to skin damage. Wrinkles generally develop on one’s face, neck, or hands. These are the parts that are usually exposed to the heat of the sun. Genetics can also be a massive factor in the development of wrinkles. Smoking and a poorly balanced diet may also cause wrinkles. However, experts say that sun exposure is the main reason why your skin produces wrinkles.
Most people usually develop wrinkles at the age of 40 to 50 years old. During this age bracket, most people lose the moisture and the thickness of their skin. So, if you desire to slow the aging of your skin and get rid of the unwanted wrinkles on your skin, here are some natural remedies that might help you.
1. Aloe Vera- An aloe vera plant or the aloe vera gel has many healing properties. Studies show that taking an aloe vera gel supplement every day can help in reducing the appearance of a person’s wrinkles in only 90 days. Other studies also found that applying aloe vera gel on your skin could reduce the appearance of wrinkles, hydrate, and add some collagen to your skin.
2. Egg whites- Egg whites can also do magic on one’s skin. Since eggs are rich in vitamins and protein, they are an excellent natural remedy for your wrinkles. The egg whites will help your skin tighten, and they will absorb some of the excess sebum on your skin. To use them, whisk the egg whites and apply them directly to your skin. After it dries out, wash it off with lukewarm water.
3. Banana mask- Experts say that bananas consist of vitamins and natural oils that are good for the health of your skin. Some recommend putting the banana paste on your skin to help with your wrinkle problems. To make a banana mask, mash the banana until it turns into a smooth paste texture. Then, smear a thin layer onto your skin and let it sit for 15 until 20 minutes. After that, you can now rinse it with warm water. This banana mask would help with your skin cell rehydration and prevent faster aging.
4. Essential oils– Essential oils are known to give a lot of benefits to your skin. Certain combinations of essential oils would help in reducing the appearance of wrinkles on your skin. Please note that it is vital to dilute these essential oils with a carrier oil to avoid skin irritation. Examples of essential oils that effectively reduce wrinkles are argan, geranium, carrot seed, grapeseed, clary sage, sandalwood, rose, neroli, lavender, pomegranate, jojoba, rosemary, and ylang-ylang. These essential oils may work differently for people, especially for those who are sensitive to them. So it is crucial to have a patch test before using them. Refrain from using them if you feel some stinging, burning and experience some redness on your skin.
5. Sunscreen- Since the primary factor of the development of wrinkles is sun exposure, it is advisable to use sunscreen every day. Wear sunscreen with an SPF of over 30 to help with your skin appearance. Wearing sunscreen every day can help slow the aging of your skin and help prevent the development of wrinkles. Making this a habit will significantly benefit your skin in the long run.
6. Olive oil- Studies show that the consumption of olive oil may help prevent further development of wrinkles on your skin. Olive oil consists of compounds that would help in increasing the collagen level of your skin. One research showed that having a diet rich in olive oil will help you be less prone to developing wrinkles. Aside from consuming olive oil, you may also apply a few drops of the oil to your face. Massage it before sleeping and wipe it off with a clean towel after.
7. Yogurt and probiotics- Consuming yogurt or any products rich in probiotics helps reduce the wrinkles on your face. Applying probiotics protects your skin from skin stressors like sunlight and benefits your overall skin health.
8. Cutting your sugar intake- Limiting yourself from consuming too much sugar can benefit your skin. Too much sugar can break down collagen in your skin, making your skin look older and duller. Restricting yourself from too much sugar and food rich in oil will help you slow your skin’s aging and prevent the further development of skin wrinkles.