After a long and stressful day, most of us, especially the ladies, like to put our hair up, grab their towels, and wash away the day that has long been a source of stress and satisfaction. However, did you know that taking care of your skin by having a skincare regime has more benefits than giving us clear and glowing skin?
According to experts, having a three-step skincare routine can dramatically reduce stress levels in our bodies. Women aged 18-45 who have a skincare regime that includes prebiotics, electrolytes, antioxidants, and, more importantly, sunscreen can help decrease stress levels in the body by 83 percent. The research also shows that 76 percent of those people became more confident when they’re out and socializing.
In this article, we will enumerate how having a skincare routine can help you come with stress.
- A skincare routine can help give you stability which benefits your mental health – Having healthy practices such as exercising, healthy eating, writing your thoughts, and having skin care can help reduce your stress. These routines act as a comforting force in your everyday life; they act as an anchor to your day and act as a point of stability in your week. Sticking on a routine that can benefit your health can make you feel like you’ve accomplished something.
- A skincare routine can help you focus on doing something nice for yourself – Skincare is self-care; that is why when you’re engaged in a particular activity such as toning, washing, or moisturizing your face. A skincare routine can help you get negative thoughts out of your head and make you focus on what you’re doing. Additionally, the act of caring for your skin can also give you a sense of mindfulness which means that you will be able to home in on the sensations that you’re feeling without having to pass any judgment. In short, routine skincare is an activity that can help you divert your thoughts, therefore, decreasing the stress levels in your body.
- Pampering your skin every day can help produce good chemicals that boost your mood – After you create a skincare routine, make sure that you use products that truly work for you. Do not underestimate the effects of gently massaging your skin using a warm washcloth to cleanse, applying a face mask, and even applying a smooth moisturizer. Caring for your skin gives you something to look forward to, and it will provide you with a lot of fulfillment just planning for it. According to research, anticipating happy events can help release feel-good chemicals in your brain.
Additionally, having warm and relaxing baths can also help to reduce stress and calm your nerves. Physical relaxation can help signal your brain that it’s time to be relaxed, calm, and mellow. It also reduces the fight-or-flight response of your body.
- Having a skincare routine can also give you a chance to bond with your friends or loved ones – Spending time with your friends and loved ones while doing enjoyable activities and hobbies can give you more significant happiness levels. Doing skincare together can be a fun experience for everyone; you do not even have to purchase tons of new products. Instead, use what you have at home or make a DIY mask using some skin-friendly ingredients in your kitchens, such as avocado, coconut oil, or milk.
- Caring for your skin is an act of kindness for yourself – After a hard day at work, it might be a bit tempting to snuggle up in bed and watch your favorite movie without having to remove your makeup because you’re too tired. But what if you focused on taking care of yourself by spending a few minutes cleaning and clearing your skin. Massage a moisturizer on your face because it helps restore and maintain your skin’s function and acts as a barrier for acne-causing dirt. Applying a moisturizer can also help improve circulation to your skin.